Remembrance Day Letter

1

Posted by sarag1516 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on November 29, 2015

Dear Veteran,

Thank you for fighting and keeping our country safe. Thank you for fighting in other countries to help them gain freedom. We watched a clip called, “A Poppy to Remember,” which showed how scary it must be to fight in a war. I hope I never have to go through what some little children have to go through to get to school and have to go through bombs and gun shots.

I learned that every year a page of the Book of Remembrance is turned and every time a solider dies that soldiers name goes into the Book of Remembrance. If a solider dies and they do not know the name it is called the Tomb of the Unknown Solider.  John McCrae  wrote In Flanders Fields.    

I I enjoyed singing, “A Wish For Peace,” and was happy with our performance.

Yours Truly,

Sara

Comments (1)

Nice work, Sara. You showed empathy regarding how difficult war is for everyone involved. You need to continue adding detail and description to your writing. This will make your sentences more interesting. I’m glad you enjoyed singing at the Remembrance Day Assembly. Keep working hard! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar