Compost Presentation

1

Posted by peterb1516 | Posted in Grade 4 Science | Posted on March 23, 2016

common earthwormToday we learned what worms eat and what they like to do. Worms can eat bread, the stuff that is in coffee filters, shredded paper, cardboard, a little bit of spicy foods, carpet tops, and even toilet paper. Worms like to be in the dark, but sometimes you have to give it light. Worms also like to be in a moist environment. Worms have five hearts in one part of their body, which is called the saddle. The way you can find the saddle is by looking at the body. If you see a thicker part of the body, that is where the saddle is. Did you know that a worm only uses it’s lips to eat? Do you know why? It’s because worms don’t have teeth. Do you know how a worm moves? If you look at a worm, you will see tiny little lines, those lines work like a spring. The back part of the body sticks to the ground while the front part of the body stretches it’s body forward and pulls the other part of it’s body forward. Did you know that a worms breath through their skin?!! Did you know that if you would put a peach seed in the worm container and dirt, then a peach tree would probably start growing?wormsyukwormmmmm

Comments (1)

Excellent job, Peter! You listened closely, as this is demonstrated by your well written detailed post. You explained your knowledge about worms in detail. I am proud of you as your writing has improved tremendously throughout the year. You are adding detail to your writing with descriptive adjectives.

I was surprised to learn that worms have five hearts, which is known as the saddle! I learn something new everyday. Our compost bin is starting to grow some sprouts, as you mentioned in your post that a peach tree could grow if you put a peach seed in. I am glad you enjoyed the presentation. You learned a great deal about worms and the role they play in the composting process! Keep up the terrific work, Peter! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar