What Easter Means to Me?

1

Posted by reva1516 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on March 24, 2016

Easter means when Jesus went to heaven. The last Friday before Jesus went to heaven Jesus was nailed on the cross and 40 days later he went to heaven. Good Friday is a day of rest and quiet for German people. We cannot play with our phones or watch television. We read the Bible.  We read how Jesus was born and how he went to heaven. The mother of Jesus, named Mary, asked a man where they had taken Jesus, but then she noticed that the man was Jesus. Mary was frightened!

On Easter my mom and dad buy chocolate.  They put the chocolate in bags. If it is cold outside they hide it inside.  If it is not cold, they hide it outside. If we are in Mexico on Easter, we go to my grandma’s sisters’ house and we hide chocolate there. Sometimes I boil an egg and dye the egg. I peel the egg and I eat it. My family and I have a lovely dinner.        1739843-easter-chick-sitting-in-the-broken-easter-egg

Jesus nailed on the cross                                                                          

THE END!

Comments (1)

Good work, Eva! You understand the reason we celebrate Easter, which is Jesus dying for our sins and resurrecting from the dead. I like how you explain what you do in Canada at Easter, as well as, what you do if you are in Mexico. Continue working on adding more detail to your writing. For example such as explaining what you eat during your lovely Easter dinner? Your font colour was easy to read and your pictures related well to Easter. I hope you had a Happy Easter! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar