What Easter Means to Me?

1

Posted by bennyw1516 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on March 23, 2016

Easter means we celebrate with family and friends on Good Friday or on Easter Sunday. My dad and my uncles go and hide a lot of chocolate eggs. Then we have to find the chocolate eggs. When we are done we have to say our verses and sing our songs that we sang at the German concert at school. When are done singing the songs, we have a huge Easter dinner. We enjoy eating turkey,mashed potatoes, and ice cream. After dinner we go home because it is getting  late. We go to bed early, so we have  a great Easter Monday.

Easter means when the Roman Soldiers beat Jesus and made him carry a heavy cross up a hill. Jesus was tired and he fell three times. The soldiers nailed Jesus on the cross. Jesus died at 3 o’ clock on Friday afternoon. Mary, Jesus’s wife, went to the tomb on Sunday morning. Mary looked into the tomb and it was empty! Jesus was gone! There was a man standing by the tomb and Mary was talking to him. Mary asked the man, “Where have you taken Jesus?” Mary realized it was Jesus. Mary went to tell all the people.  Forty days later Jesus rose to heaven.

Comments (1)

Good work, Benny! It sounds like you have a wonderful Easter celebration with your family, with a tasty meal. It is nice that your family can listen to the songs and verses that you learned for the Easter German Concert. I like the detail you included when you explained the Easter story. Your font colour was easy to read and your pictures related well to Easter. I hope you had a Happy Easter! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar