What Easter Means To Me

1

Posted by sarag1516 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on March 24, 2016

Easter means to me that Jesus has saved us by  sacrificing his life to save us.  Jesus got nailed to a cross so we would not have to die for our sins.  This is why we celebrate Easter on March 27th. My favourite holiday is Easter because it brings many people together as a family.  At Easter it is not important to decorate, but it is important to spend time with your family.  When Jesus was born three shepherds came to see him and many other people came to see him too, but one of the kings in the world didn’t want a new king.  The king sent his guards to kill Jesus, but the guards didn’t listen.  Jesus lived a long and painful life.

On Easter Day we usually eat mashed potatoes and for dessert we eat Easter chocolate bunnies.  We all sing our German Easter songs at our grandparents’ house.  My grandparent’s hand out toys to my cousins.  We go to church.  When it is over we eat supper and we all go home.  Before we go to bed we have a little party.

Comments (1)

Good work, Sara! You understand Easter is a time to spend with family. You show empathy when you explain the sacrifice Jesus made for us. It is nice that you spend time with your grandparents and sing songs for them. Continue working on adding detail to your writing. Your font colour was easy to read and your pictures related well to Easter. I hope you had a Happy Easter! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar