If I Had The Last Truffula Seed :)

1

Posted by 1516paulinad | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on June 8, 2016

If I had the Last Truffula Seed

By : Paulina

If I had the last Truffula Seed I would put it under my fluffy pillow so it would stay safe. I would go and start to gaze for the Lorax. I looked and looked everywhere, but I couldn’t find him. Where could he be I wondered? It was getting late and I was getting tired so I gave up.

I woke up early the next morning and quickly ate my warm breakfast. Once I was done I headed out the door with the last Truffula Seed. I once again started to gaze for the Lorax. I looked at the polluted pond and the smelly sky, but he wasn’t there, so I looked at the empty fields.  I saw the Lorax there all by himself. I quickly ran over to the Lorax and showed him the seed the Onc-ler gave me.

I asked him,’’ Will you help me plant the last Truffula Seed?”  “Sure I’d love too,” the Lorax answered.  The Lorax and I went to plant the round yellow seed. We planted the seed in our backyard. First we dug a hole and put the seed in the hole. We gave it water every day. To keep it safe we built a wooden white fence around the Truffula Tree.

After several weeks, the tree was fully grown. We took the fence away and we cut it open for the seeds. It had a lot of yellow seeds inside. We took the seeds out and planted them too. This time we didn’t plant them in our backyard. The Lorax and I planted the seeds in the empty fields. The next day as the Lorax and I watered the seeds, the Lorax started to cry, “I really miss my friends.” “Why did your friends leave?” I asked. “My friends left because it was too polluted everywhere,”  the Lorax replied.  The rest of the day we looked for the Lorax’s friends. We couldn’t find the Swomee-Swans that flew in the sky, the Bar-ba-loots that played together and ate fruits, and the Humming –Fish that hummed in the water. We searched everywhere but we couldn’t find the Swomee-Swans, Bar-ba-loots, and the Humming-Fish. They were nowhere in sight!

The Lorax and I were getting very tired and it was getting late. The next day we got up early in the morning and searched for the Lorax’s friends. In the morning the Lorax and I even forgot to eat breakfast. We still couldn’t find them anywhere! I told the Lorax that we would have to come up with a plan. “What is your plan?” asked the Lorax sadly. “What? Hmmm…I thought for a moment, “How about we rent a machine and suck up all the dirty and slimy water and put clean water in the pond.”

“Yes that’s a great idea! The Lorax agreed. Maybe the Humming-Fish will come back.” We went right to work. We rented a machine and sucked out the out the dirty water and put clean and fresh water back into the pond. We returned the machine and went back home. On the way home we heard a quacking sound. We looked up and saw the Swomee-Swans flying in the sky, Bar-ba-loots playing and eating fruits, and the Humming-Fish humming in the clean pond. “You saved the day!” said the Lorax, “Thank you very much for bringing back all the animals.” “Your welcome!” I replied. They all lived happily ever after!

Comments (1)

Nice job, Paulina! You understand a story has a beginning, middle, and an end. Your story follows a logical series of events with a the problem being solved.

I like how well you looked after the last Truffula Seed, even protecting it with a wooden white fence. It was clever to take the seeds out of the first seed to plant more Truffula Trees. I like how you rented a machine to clean up the dirty polluted water. Having the trees growing and the water clean was a great way to ensure the animals returned back to the Truffula Tree Forest. I like the adjectives you used in your story: dirty and slimy water, clean and fresh water, and wooden white fence. Also, great job not using said. Instead you used words like sadly, agreed, asked, replied, and answered.

Fantastic job, Paulina! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar