Snowman Comes to Life

3

Posted by peterbds4 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on March 6, 2014

I wrote a story about my my white paint roller snowman.

Isn’t he cute?

Snowroller 1

One wintery day my family and I were going to the mountains. My dad and I got everything out of the van. We wanted to go skiing so we made sure we dressed warmly.  We put on our hats, mittens, jackets, sweaters, snow pants, and boots on.   It took us half an hour to reach the ski hill.  When we arrived, we started skiing down the mountain.   “WAAHOOOOO!” could be heard throughout the ski hill.

After a while, I was cold from skiing and decided I would make a snowman. I went to the van to warm up. When I warmed up, I went back outside to make my snowman. I put the objects to make the snowman on the front of the van. I made a snowball and rolled it until I couldn’t roll it anymore. Then I started rolling the second one.   When I was done the second one, I started rolling the last one.  Then I put the nose, buttons, arms, eyes, and the mouth on.

Suddenly the snowman laughed.  It was hard for Junior the snowman to climb the mountain because he had no legs, but he made it. Once we were both on the mountain we started to ski down the mountain. “I’m getting tired,” Junior replied. “Okay! I have to go to the tent and go to sleep.  Bye! See you tomorrow,” I replied.

The next morning I woke up and I went to visit the snowman. He was on top of the mountain waiting for me to play. So I called Junior’s name lots of times. He heard it the last time.  He came down and we played a long game of hide and go seek. Two hours later we had to go home. When we got home we went to bed.

Comments (3)

I like it how you used the word WAAHOOOOO! I like how you used the quotation marks!!!:)

Thank you Jacob. 🙂

Nice job, Peter! I liked how the setting of your story was your family taking a trip to the mountains. This setting was not used by other students in the class, making your setting creative. . Using, “Waahoo,” when your family was skiing was a great way for the reader to imagine how much fun all of you were having.Very interesting you had the supplies to decorate your snowman in the van, your family must of come prepared. You did some interesting activities with Junior, however, I would like to see you add more detail to them. Keep working hard! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar