Snowman Comes to Life

1

Posted by johnnybds4 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on March 6, 2014

This is the roller paint snowman I made in Art class.  I hope you like it!  I hope you enjoy my snowman story!

snowroller9

It was a snowy day. It was snowing and snowing. There was no school because it was too icy for the buses to travel on. Corny wanted to go outside, but he couldn’t because it was snowing. Corny was bored. Finally in the afternoon it stopped snowing. Corny put on his grey snow pants, blue coat, red mittens, and black snow boots on.  Corny went outside to play in the snow.

Corny made a snowball and threw it against the fence. He made another snowball.  He rolled the snowball bigger and bigger until it was above his knee.  He started another snowball a little bit smaller and finally made a smaller snowball. Corny stacked the snowballs together.

Corny went inside to get eight buttons out of the dresser. Corny got a carrot out of the fridge. Corny ran outside to decorate the snowman. Corny stuck the carrot in the top ball and two buttons over the carrot for the eyes. Corny placed the 6 buttons in the second ball for the buttons.  He backed up and looked at his snowman. He thought his snowman looked quite nice.

Corny went inside for a snack. When he was eating his snack he heard a voice squeak, “Don’t leave me alone.” Corny wondered where the noise coming from. He quickly finished his snack and went outside. He saw the snowman he had built was dancing around and singing. Corny asked the snowman, “Are you really talking?” The snowman answered, “Yes.” The snowman remarked, “Let’s have some fun.

Corny and the snowman made a snow fort and went to get some snow to make snow balls to have a snowball fight. Corny and the snowman had a lot of fun with the snowball fight. 

Corny asked the snowman, “Let’s play freeze tag.” Freeze tag was easy for Corny to catch the snowman because the snowman was slow.

After freeze tag they got a sled out of the shed and ran up the big hill. When they went down the hill you could hear shouts of, “WWAAHHHHOOOOOOOO.” Corny and the snowman were so tired and sleepy at the end of the day, they went right to sleep without eating supper.

The next morning. Corny had to go to school.  He was worried because the sun was shining brightly and Corny thought his snowman might melt. When Corny came back from school there was only a puddle of water.  

The End

Comments (1)

Good work, Johnny! Your introduction of story was well done as you explained why Corny was home, what he was wearing, and what the snowman looked like. I like the activities you did with snowman. However, I would have liked to see more detail describing what you did with the snowman. It would have been nice if you gave your snowman a name, as this would help the reader make more of a connection with your story. Good work with the ending, as you described Corny melted because of the sun. Keep working hard! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar