Truffula Seed Story

1

Posted by heidif1415 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on May 6, 2015

If I Had the Last Truffula Seed 

By: Heidi

If I had the last Truffula seed I would put it in a plastic container. I would go to the street of the Lifted Lorax and find the Lorax. I found him on a stump of a Truffula tree. I asked him if he would like to help me plant the last Truffula seed. The first thing the Lorax asked was where I found the last Truffula seed? I told the Lorax the Once-ler gave it to me after he explained the story of how beautiful the Truffula forest once was. There were Humming-Fish humming in the clear crystal water, Swomee- Swans flying in the blue sky, and the brown Bar-ba-loots eating Truffula fruits. The Lorax gave me a funny look, and then he jumped up and exclaimed, “Come on.”swomee swan

We went to my house and I showed him my Truffula seed in the container. We planted the seed in a pot. Each day we gave it water, gave it sunlight, and gave it fresh air. Overtime the Truffula seed grew bigger until it became a tree. The Lorax picked of a fruit and I cut it open. We took out the seeds and I ate the fruit, it was delicious!

The next day we went to the street of the lifted Lorax. I dug the holes where the seeds went in, and the Lorax put the seeds in. After I closed the holes the Lorax watered the seeds. Every day we came and took care of them until they grew into trees. I looked at the Truffula tufts and then I looked down and the Lorax was gone. I noticed something in the sky. It was the Lorax! The Lorax lifted himself into the air and disappeared through a hole in the smog. I decided to come back tomorrow.

I came back and all the smog was gone. It was gone because of the Truffula trees. The Truffula tree’s tufts let in the smog and let out fresh air, so it cleaned the sky. Soon the Swomee-Swans where flying in the sky because the smog was gone. The Bar-ba-loots came back and they started to eat the Truffula fruits and play together. The Humming-Fish where humming in the water. The Truffula forest became a UNESCO World Heritage site. It was beautiful! No one ever harmed the Truffula forest again!

THE END!truffula-trees-lorax

Comments (1)

Nice work, Heidi! You understand a story has a beginning, middle, and end. I like how your story progressed with you and the Lorax planting the seed, taking care of the trees, and the trees finally growing larger to helping clean up the smog. Nice use of vocabulary such as, disappeared, smog, exclaimed, and delicious. Excellent job of applying your knowledge about trees from Science and from Social Studies by making the Truffula forest a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Excellent job on speaking for the trees in your story! Keep up the fantastic work, Heidi! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar