If I Had the Last Truffula Seed

1

Posted by saraf1415 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on May 8, 2015

If I had the last Truffula seed from the Once-ler I would keep it safe in my pocket. I’d plant it in a very safe spot where the soil is clean, Grickle-grass grows, and take excellent care of it. I would feed it clean water, fresh air, and sunlight. Once the tree has grown larger I would carefully pick the seeds from Truffula tree and plant them in clean soil. Once the Truffula fruits are growing on the trees again and there is a shadow underneath the trees.

Once there is a forest of Truffula trees I would go look for the Lorax and his friends. I will start by looking in the forest of Truffula trees. I couldn’t find him anywhere, so I wanted to go home and think where he might be. I was only a few steps away when I heard a snore coming from the trees. I went to see what it was. I saw the little Lorax sleeping in the shadow of a tree. Suddenly, he woke up from his little nap and yawned with a happy sigh. Then he remarked to me, “Thank you for replanting the beautiful Truffula trees.” I was very happy to see that the Lorax had returned. Then something popped into my mind. Where were the Humming-Fish that hummed in the water, the Swomee-Swans that sang so sweetly in the air, and the Bar-ba-loots that played in their Bar-ba-loots suits in the shade of the trees and enjoyed eating Truffula fruits? It felt like he had read my mind because the Lorax answered, “My friends the Humming-Fish, Swomee-Swans, and the Bar-ba-loots are on there way. I can’t wait to meet them here again. “My name is the Lorax. I spoke for the trees a long time ago.” “My name is Sara,” I mumbled. I wondered when the animals would come back home where they belonged?

Suddenly, I heard sweet singing coming from behind me. I looked behind me and saw the Somee-Swans flying in the air joyfully. Next, I heard someone humming by the pond, but when I looked there was no one there. Then I saw the Humming-Fish swimming in the clear water with smiles. I heard munching in the Truffula trees. I looked up and saw the Bar-ba-loots eating Truffula fruits and playing in the shade in their Bar-ba-loot suits. The sun was again shining down on the ground and the air smelled like butterfly milk again. The Lorax looked at his friends as they happily played. Then he looked at me and remarked in a gleeful voice, “Thank you very much. I am glad you spoke for the trees.” I was glad I could help.                                                      

THE END

humming fishloraxThe Lorax

Comments (1)

Nice work on your story, Sara! You understand a story must have a beginning, middle, and end. I like how you found the Lorax napping under a tree after you had replanted the Truffula forest. You could have explained how the animals knew that the Truffula forest had been regrown. Great use of vocabulary such as gleeful, munched, and joyfully. Keep up the great work and you did a fantastic job speaking for the trees in your story! 🙂

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar