Remembrance Day Letter

2

Posted by dylans1516 | Posted in Language Arts | Posted on November 23, 2015

Dear Veteran,

Thank you for serving our country. I am glad that you fought for us. Thank you for fighting in other countries to help them gain freedom. We watched a clip called, “A Poppy is to Remember,” which showed how scary it must be to fight in a war. We saw graves of soldiers, guns, and tanks.  What a terrible thing to go through. I know it would be sad if I lost someone in my family.

I learned that 38 million people died in war. I heard that there is a thick book that told that how many people died. Each year they flip a page because they were fighting wars.  John McCrae wrote a poem about the soldiers that died in Flanders Fields. I think that it is sad that they lost one there people in their family. The Peace Tower is in Ottawa. The Peace Tower has 53 bells on it.

We sang a song called, “A Wish for Peace,” at the Remembrance Day Assembly.   I enjoyed singing on the stage in front of the audience. We wear a poppy on Remembrance Day to show respect for those who died for us in the war. We are making a poppies out of clay. Then we are putting the poppy in a picture frame. There was also a veteran at the assembly. The first world war was in 1914.

A formation of military AT-3 fighter jets perform during Taiwan Air Force's demonstration in Songshan Airport in Taipei                                     s-l225 (1)poppycoool                            3-m1a2-abrams

Comments (2)

Nice work, Dylan! You showed empathy for the fallen soldiers many times. You did a nice job explaining your understanding of the different symbols about Remembrance Day. Keep working on adding more detail to your writing and try to not repeat yourself. Nice job on your clay poppy too. Great selection of pictures and font colour. Keep working hard! 🙂

Your letter looks amazing. Good work!

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar